Monday, October 06, 2008

Coby

Every Sunday before Bible class, my dad comes to get one of the grandkids for "breakfast with PawPaw" and yesterday it was Coby's turn. It happened to fall on Oct 5, his "half-birthday." he was so excited. Here was one of their conversations that my dad shared with me:

Coby: PawPaw, it is my lucky day... you know why?

PawPaw: Why?

Coby: Cause I get to have breakfast with you AND it's my half birthday. That's why it's lucky!

PawPaw: (Dad said he tried to explain the difference between lucky and blessed, and that luck was just when something "happens" and blessings were from God, etc... Coby just kinda nodded looked at him funny Than dad patted him on the leg)

Coby: PawPaw you know how much I love you? I love you all the way around the world 10 times, taking little baby steps.

**Precious**

10 comments:

annalee said...

TOO TOO SWEET!

Kari Sanchez said...

Aww that is so sweet.

Britney said...

Aw! That made me cry! I love the last part - "taking little baby steps." Too sweet.

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

I am glad you decided to post it. It is so precious.

victoria said...

so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Coby is such a loving child. So sweet.....LYA Gigi & Gdad

Mindi Tipps said...

What a great story and a smart boy! I'm amazed that he thought of such a great way to explain his love!

Brooke said...

That is so cute. And I can SO see your dad trying to explain that.

Bekki said...

I didn't know your dad did that!! That is so sweet!
Coby is a sweet boy.

Shelley said...

Super Sweet!!!