We are in GiGi-detox mode around the best household... our house is filled with lots of noise and activity again and the boys were all so glad to be home. I cant count the number of times they have said, "but that's not how GiGi does it...." or "GiGi lets us..." I think it is kinda a dose of reality for both them and me. I have had this quiet restful week and they have had a week where the world revolved around them! They had such a great time and have some wonderful memories from the week. But the other day, Cason was getting a spanking and he said, "GiGi doesnt know how to give spankings. GDad has not taught her that yet." We both had a pretty good chuckle, but it did not get him out of his spanking!!
*Micah's favorite part of the week was shooting his first gun with Gdad and diving off the diving board (not at the same time...)
*Coby's favorite part was going swimming at the pool with a big slide.
*Cason's favorite part was riding the tractor and seeing a rattle snake.... yikes!
*Bryson just responded with "I go swimming, I ride tractor with Gdad. Gran Gran silly"
Well, it seems my date with chloraseptic last week was not long enough... I woke up at 3AM choking on my own tonsils because it was so swollen back there. I went to the minute clinic at CVS (I highly reccommend it) and got a rapid strep test which usually takes 5 minutes to process. Within 20 seconds, mine had gone to positive. yikes. Being so sick makes me so sad for my babies when they have this awful thing... strep is miserably painful!! Here's hoping no one else gets it!!
Sorry there are no pictures on this post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Sounds like the boys had a great time! I'm glad you two had a week to yourselves! Sorry you got sick, I have taken Ashlyn to that CVS before, such a great idea on spur of the moment situations vs. ER and waiting hours. Hope you feel better soon ;)
feel better. strep sounds awful. glad your kiddos had a nice time with the grandparents and hopefully you got in some relaxation time.
Minute clinic? I'll have to check this out! So sorry you have strep- it's the worst. Popscicles always helped me. Glad your boys are home safe!
Sorry you are sick. Strep is no fun at all. I got it on vacation last summer, quite a memorable trip in San Antonio!
Sorry we missed each other this weekend. Maybe we can catch up another time. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Hi Summer -
Thanks for the comment. I am up for anything so I will definitely try your advice. I'll let you know how it goes. After all, you would know having 4 boys! I'm so sorry you are sick...no fun. I hope you feel better soon!
Sorry you are sick. I always wondered it you could just go in those "minute clinics" and check and see if the kids have ear infections... that is cool you can do that.
Ha ha.....I remember your kids having to go through GiGi detox from the first time Micah went and stayed. It makes me remember going to spend the week with my grandparents in the summers - good memories! Your boys are lucky to have that!
Summer, I sure hope that you are feeling better soon!
Bless your heart. You're right though...our poor little guys!! They are so much tougher than we are1:) Feel better soon.
I hope you feel better!!!
Glad they had fun and you had a break! Also glad you're feeling better:)
It contains excerpts and further explores themes and topics addressed. The site also contains works inspired by the book. It allows me to collaborate with people and present multimedia in a way that a book obviously cannot. You know the deal by now. They are two vastly different communication mediums. I feel that if you read the book you will appreciate the site more and vice versa.
-----------
Nykemartyn
Drug Detox
Post a Comment