You know how you have those people you meet and you think, "wow... we are gonna be friends" Well, my freshman year at ACU in Nelson dorm, I lived next door to these 2 spunky, crazy girls who were best friends for life... Christina and Melanie were such incredible blessings to me at such a lonely time in my life. They were so much fun and such great friends and they eventually led me to my college roomate, Elisa... we spent many nights playing "dress-up," playing "hose heads," watching chick flicks, eating at Peaking House, lots of gabbing, and definately laughing lots. Christina and I had so much in common even back then, and look at us now. She has 3 little boys (are you working on that 4th yet, Chris?) and she still has that same "spunk" and love for life. She came thru Austin recently and we got to spend the day together with all 7 of our boys!! We had not seen eachother in months, and really we had not sat down and talked in years, and it was like we had not missed a beat. It was so much fun to get together with an old friend who was in exactly the same chaotic stage of life as me and reminisce about the good ol days as we rejoiced in these present times and looked forward to what lies ahead. I feel like we are kindred spirits and Christina will always have a special place in my heart.

Here is the crew... minus baby Seth... I got lots of snuggle time in with that sweet lil guy!
Coby, Micah (back row)
Cason, Levi, Titus (middle row)
Bryson (front row)

They are nuts!!

It was funny because we went from this inflatable place to lunch at Chic Fil A where we got lots of looks and stares as we paraded thru with all these kids. People would stop and ask, are they all yours??" And we both just grinned and giggled, "yes!!" I am sure people thought we were crazy!
This pic makes me laugh bc I remember in colege we always made Chris take the "hold your arm out in front of us self-portraits" becaus she has amazingly long arms... one of her many talents! :o)
I am so thankful for good friends!
2 comments:
I just had to comment because I so love the Peaking House! It was always my favorite when we went to visit my Grandmother and Aunt. Brings back great memories just thinking of the egg rolls! They were my fav!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane...
:)
Aw - there is nothing like old friends! I can imagine that your friend is awesome - her sister is the best!
Post a Comment