Monday, August 25, 2008

(Another) 1st day of school....

Well, we survived yet another first day of school her in the best household... Bryson and Cason had their first day of preschool today. Actually, it was their first day to go to the babysitting at the preschool while mommy did some teacher inservice days, but we called it "the first day" Bryson was so excited... I dont think he really knew what "first day of school" meant, but he did understand that we got the new Lightning McQueen lunch box off of the hook in the laundry room where it has been hanging for the past 3 weeks since he picked it out. He would go in there and get it and bring it to me and I would tell "no, we arent going to pack lightning until the 1st day of school..." Well, it has arrived and let me just say that Lightning did NOT dissappoint. Bry "helped" me pack the lunches this morning and I let him put the cookies in. I reminded him that he doesnt eat the cookies until all his food was gone. We zipped him all up and I started a movie for him while I hopped thru the shower (as Cason was still snoozing...) Bry rounded the corner about 10 minutes later and said, "Fank you mommy.... Cookies" ("thank you mommy for the cookies") I peaked out and he had in his hand his empty ziplock bag and the evidence of his dessert all over his face. I wish I had taken a picture of him in his bright blue superman undies and his chocolate face... but I guess I was a bit indisposed at the time. I guess it is safe to say that Bry wont be packing the lunches for a while....

All in all, the boys had a fun first day. Cason is really excited about school this year bc he has a ROCKIN teacher (his momma) and he is so excited about being in my class. I think Bry will enjoy it even more, too since he really enjoys "playing" with his friends more now that he is older. Here is a picture of my boys on their first day of preschool in 2008-2009. How big are they?
The sun was really bright, so it isnt the best pic, but they are sure cute in their little backpacks!
I had them turn so they werent facing into the sun to get a better pic. Look how Bry is still tightly clenching his new lunchbox!



5 comments:

Shelley said...

They are so cute! I love Bry's bright red hair...

Britney said...

Aw, that's cute! I love that Bry came in to say thank you for the cookies - clearly he was not ashamed up diving into them as soon as you walked out of the room! : )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing....I was hoping you would!!:) I think Bryson is like his Gigi, just can't resist cookies!! They are precious!
LYA!
Gigi and G-dad

Bekki said...

They are so cute!! Love the cookie story - at least he thanked you for it lol!!

The Loftis Family said...

Sweet Bry...Cookies are yummy :) They sure look ready to go...