Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Best infirmary... and other news

We have 2 down around here... and hopefully NOT 2 more to go... I have a feeling these boys got strep throat from their momma who was excited to see them when they returned last week and gave them a little too much lovin! Sorry boys!! At least they have a buddy to keep them company while they get to hang out on mommy's bed and watch an insane amount of movies! :o)
We have been busy little bees since we got our little wild ones back! My boys have come back to the realization that mommy is just not as fun as GiGi, but she will have to do for now. We are back to having lots of fun (sickness aside) again. Bryson is saying lots of funny stuff right now like the other day at rest time I said, "nite nite, baby" (I have always called him my baby) and he responded with "I not baby, I big." So I said, "ok" Then he told me (in a bossy tone), "Mommy, now you say, 'nite-nite, big.'" I obliged and called him "big" and that is what he wants everyone to call him now. Funny stuff. Our potty training is all back on track and he is doing really well. Sometimes he spontaniously wants to tell (or show) perfect strangers about his new spiderman underwear. He is proud... and shameless....
We had our last baseball games of the season (can I get a halleluiah?!). It was bittersweet, but I am really looking forward to this saturday sleeping in and NOT spending 3+ hours in the 105 degree texas heat... with a 2 year old who loves baseball and baseball games, but even he knows that is crossing a line. Seriously, it has been a great, fun season, and it is always so neat to watch the boys meet new friends, learn new things and grow and improve so much, but Lord have mercy, it has been H-O-T!
Here is a fun "action" shot of Micah... he had an incredible hit way out in left field. I wish I had a pic of his proud snaggle-toothed grin as he crossed home plate at the end of his grand slam!

Here is Cason's new ingenious way of "carrying" his glove to the car. I have a rule that they have to carry their own glove (simply because I have the ice chest loaded with drinks and snacks and 6 folding chairs, plus the above mentioned 2-year old who is not always elated to abide by my rules after 3 hours in the 105 degree heat) and this way, he can carry his glove and his drink and snack from the snack mom (or in this case, his newly earned medal).... cute boy!


Sweet brothers showing off their medals.... Micah had not played yet, so he hadnt gotten his yet. That is why he isnt in the picture...

Earlier today, I was going to refill the gatorade for the "sick and infirmed" who were quarantined in my bedroom and I made some little friends in my fridge. I have a feeling there is a cute little red-headed boy somewhere looking for these 2 friends... or maybe he is laughing at his momma getting such a kick out of his antics! :o)
disclaimer: please dont inspect the cleanliness of my fridge...
Hope you are all having a great "last week of summer" I had big plans to take the kids to lots of fun places, but strep throat has made me slow down and I have done lots of cleaning instead. Keep them all in our prayers that the strep stops here!!!

6 comments:

Britney said...

I love Bryson - can I just go ahead and put dibs on him for one of my girls!!!! : ) How sweet (and a little sad) that he wants to be called "Big" now. That is so funny. The last picture cracks me up & I am sure that surprise in the refrigerator came at a great time, just when you needed a good laugh!

I walked into the kitchen a couple of days ago to find the 3/4 full gallon of milk sitting in the middle of the floor. Thankfully, the lid was still on and nothing had busted or leaked in it's leap to the floor. What is it about those red-heads - I cannot imagine!

LOL...look at me, I'm Kaylee, just rambling on and on....goodbye! : )

victoria said...

oh I hope they are on the mend soon. kg was sick last week and it was no fun!!

Nicci said...

I hope your kiddos feel better soon! I so enjoy reading your posts. I always knew in high school you would do something fabulous with your life and here you are being fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Loved you post.....we hated to hear that Coby and Cason have strep! What a bummer this last week of school!! Hope they are better now. We always enjoy hearing about your lives. Bryson learns from everyone and then adds his own twist!
LYA!
Gigi and Gdad

The Loftis Family said...

Fun stuff? I'm sure you're glad you don't have to sit in the hot sun for while! Hope the kids are feeling better :) I'll stop now...wouldn't want to ramble...What in the world was that supposed to mean, Britney?! Am I a rambler :)

Bekki said...

Aw - the boys look like the little Olympic champions with their medals. So cute!
The fridge friends CRACKS me up! Thanks for sharing the picture!!