Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Mommies aren't supposed to get boo-boos!
Just like mommies are not supposed to get sick.... mommies just should not get boo-boos! I was trying to be a model home-maker and cook a big dinner for the family last night. It was in the oven and almost ready... the timing was going to be perfect! After I set the table, I was headed back to check the food in the oven and I stepped on a piece of glass. I let out a little squeal and grabbed my foot in pain, thinking I had stepped on a hot wheels car or something of the sort (which, speaking from experience, is about the same level of pain!!), and when I looked down, my hand was covered in blood. Micah had been helping me set the table and he doesnot like blood, so he was immediately worried!! I called Clint in to help me and we realized that there was a piece of glass stuck inside my foot. We got the bleeding stopped and he got the tweezers and tried to fetch the glass wedged into my foot. Unfortunately, instead of getting it out, he pushed it further in and got it stuck! So we were debating whether or not togo to the ER... We started making phone calls to any medically inclined friends to see what we should do. Our friend from church that is a urologist volunteered to meet us up at his office and pull it our for me, saving me the annoyance and the cost of the ER. I know, it sounds scary... a urologist pulling glass out of the foot... that is the wrong end of the body for him! Nevertheless, he is a very trustworthy surgeon, so we decide to take him up on the offer. In the mean time, I smell dinner, which is still in the oven, totally charred!! So it was off to McDonalds for a much less healthy but much more fun dinner! I spent the day hobbling around today... and let me assure you that taking care of 4 boys while hobbling is not an easy task. Clint was able to take some time off during the day to help me out some. We went and got the glass removed this evening. I now have what the boys are calling my "BIG boo-boo" on my foot. The hole is only about the size of a dime and my foot is a little swolen, but he wrapped it all up with gauze to keep it clean and protected, so it looks much bigger than it is! I usually have a picture or 2 to go with my post, but I think I will spare you a picture of my big boo-boo this time! ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Even after hearing the story on the phone, I was still cringing when I read this post. I think it would have sounded a little better if you would have said "removed it" rather than "pull it out." That just hurts to think about!
I agree with Brooke. It hurts to think about the whole episode, especially with your normal day! Kind of hard to keep it elevated!! It is really sore? We hope it is better today!
Love you all,
Phyllis & Tommy
I will remember this story if Clint is nearby with tweezers. Glad to hear you are going to be okay.
Post a Comment