Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thankful....

Well, folks, Clint has taken a turn for the worse and he has spent the entire Saturday in bed. Literally hurting all over... I have never seen him this sick! Poor guy... so you may be reading right now and wondering why I have entitled this post, "Thankful..." Of corse I am not thankful that he is sick and I hope and pray that he is well soon... but in everything there is a bright side, so I guess it all hit me today. I had just finished a long saturday by myself. Prepared and fed all 3 meals for all the boys singlehandedly (ok, with a little help from Little Caesar tonite, but cut me some slack!), I had played more games of Cosmic Catch and Hi-Ho-Cherry-O that I could even count, worked 5 puzzles, read more than 20 books, jumped on the trampoline, pitched baseball, fetched a baseball, been pegged in the head with a baseball, played at the park, bathed all 4 little boys in a bubble bath, read 4 chapters in the magic tree house, listened to 4 of the sweetest prayers, and kissed 4 precious cheecks as I tucked them in bed tonite. It was a really fun Saturday and I did it all by myself. It wasnt the first time that I had done it all by myself by any means, but it was the first time in a long time that we had not been together as a family at all during the day. I have always known that I am "spoiled" with Clint as a husband and daddy to my boys. He wanted to be an involved dad from the start, so he has bathed the boys and got them ready for bed from the time that micah was a month old. He has always been super helpful with everything.... but sometimes I get in that habit, or the RUT if you will, and I forget to appreciate how blessed I really am... Since I was sick first, then Coby, then Clint, we have not gone anywhere as a family (not even the drive thru) in an entire week... and for the Best Family, who is always on the go, that is a really strange feeling. Clint and I have not really had much of a conversation since last weekend. I realized tonite as I was going thru deciding what movie I wanted to watch how lonely I feel. I miss the chaos.... the crazy, exciting, fun, busy lifestyle that we live... maybe because we do it all together... but I miss our family time! And so I shed a few tears as I type beside Clint as he snores away because I am ashamed that it took a week of all of us being sick as dogs for me to slow down enough to be THANKFUL for all that I have... for the choas that these 4 precious boys bring to me every day... and for the incredible man that God has given me to be my companion, my "chaos-partner," and my best friend....
Random thoughts, I know, but I never have been good at this "deep-thoughts blogging" :o)

5 comments:

victoria said...

great post. it is nice to stop and slow down and realize all that we have and be grateful. I remember being a kid and thinking life went by so slow now being an adult it seems to go by quickly.

Shelley said...

Hope Clini is on the mend soon! Great post. I love days like that, too! Just good, simple fun and time spent with your babies... have a great week!!!

Amy said...

AMEN SISTER! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Hope Clint is better today! You are a wonderful mom to spend your Saturday with your boys. I'm sorry Clint was not able to enjoy your day too! We are glad God blessed us with you to be Clint's partner in your "choas"!
Love you all!
Gigi

Nicci said...

Really great post! I am with you on the chaos life just wouldn't be any fun without it and thanks for the reminder to always be grateful you put it so well!