My preschool class has been talking about families this week, and today was our famous Pretend Wedding... it is always so cute! It was extra special for me this year since my sweet Coby was in the wedding. The kids all get so excited for this day. We draw names for all the parts, have "fittings" for all the outfits, have rehearsal after rehearsal after rehearsal... we remind them that it all pretend, but we talk about what it really means to get married and what God's plan is for marriage and commitment. The kids say vows about what they will do when they "grow up" and they all say "I DO." It is so cute! Then we all go to the reception with real wedding cake and punch... this part is a crowd favorite! And in my typical 'summer' fashion, I have posted way too many pictures for your viewing pleasure.....
Coby escorting the Maid of Honor.
During the ceremony... Mr. Roger does such a great job of making it "pretend" but explaining it to them at the same time.
"The Kiss..." These boys really do love eachother! :-)





7 comments:
I have been impressed with the teaching at Childrens' Ark! I remember you talking about this when Micah was in your class. What better way to help kids understand about God's plan. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! Coby was so handsome and taking his part so seriously!!
Love you all,
Gigi
SO CUTE! I have never heard of a preschool doing this!?!? I love it!
What a great idea!!! Everybody loves a wedding and it is such a wonderful experience to teach young children about marriage and God's plan for our lives as families. Emiley and Lainey are both going to be flower girls in a wedding this summer and they cannot wait. They would have loved to do this at their preschool... I may have to share the idea!!! Have a great weekend!
Cute kids... I love the wedding pics... I'm kindof glad Kali's pre-K didn't do that though because she is already fascinated with being a bride...
How precious! They all look SO cute! I didn't know you taught...I used to teach high school English before I had Caleb. Boy, do I have some stories! (Like the one where two 18-year-olds started fighting in my room during my first semester and the security guards went to the wrong room and never showed up. Good times!)
Coby...Nice pictures buddy. You look like a little man. I like the one of you and Darby.
The one on top looks like the "little" Rat pack. Some smooth looking boys.
those are so sweet. fine looking boys!
Post a Comment