Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Citizen of the YEAR!

Attention blog readers:
Proud momma moment ahead... lots of bragging to follow! Consider yourself warned...
My sweet Micah was awarded Citizen of the YEAR for his class this morning in the closing assembly. He was so sweet.... proud and excited, grinning from ear to ear on the stage... yet humble about it with all his friends. It is one of the highest honors for an elementary student at Brentwood Christian, and we are so proud of him! He has got such a great balance of sweetness, BOY-ness, giggles, & brains! He has grown (physically & emotionally) so much this year, and we are so blessed to have had Mrs. Patterson as his teacher. She has this enthusiasm for school and a passion for reading, and it has been completely contagious for Micah. She also has a love for our Savior that has been reflected in her teaching... what a blessing!
Way to go MICAH! We love you!


10 comments:

Shelley said...

So special. I'm glad I got to see him get this award today!

Gigi said...

AWESOME!! We are so proud of you, Micah!! We knew you were such a special guy and we are glad others see it too!
Tell mom thanks for sharing with us!
Love you all!
Gigi and G-Dad

Shelley said...

Way to go, Micah!

victoria said...

awesome micah!!!!

Bekki said...

YAY Micah! He IS a VERY well behaved boy. I am sure you are sooo proud, as you should be.

(Totally random but Libby W. has amazing arms!)

Emily said...

I was there for Wes' graduation so I got to see that...very sweet! He's a great kid!

Britney said...

Good Job Micah! So glad you were able to be there for his special award - what a coincidence! : )

Gigi said...

The more I've thought about this award the more impressed I am. I think citizenship is one of the most important qualities in a person. You parents are to be commended- you are the nuturers of this quality. Just more thoughts from a very proud grandmother! LYA!
Gigi

The Smith Family said...

Way to go Micah!

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

Way to go Micah! That is awesome. I am so happy for him and YOU!