Even though we live near Austin, we rarely venture to the downtown area... especially at night... I am a chicken. Micah's 2nd grade class had a family field trip to see the bats under the Congress Bridge on Friday night, so off we went...
Here are the boys on the path along the bank of the river... it is so beautiful down there!

Here was our other source of entertainment... Mrs. Patterson's dog, Parker. For Bryson, it was love at first sight. We will never know how it was for poor Parker... I do know that Bryson was covered in Golden hair by the end of the evening!

Waiting..... still..... Cason is officially grouchy!

Micah and a few of his friends... on the front row!

We hiked back to the car and decided we would drive by and see the capital building all lit up at night. We noticed people coming in and out, so we parked, almost got run over crossing the street, and went to visit our state capital! The first time for 3 of our boys. They thought it was cool. They were impressed by the canons & the old-timey water fountain, and Cason said that the buliding was "Amazing!" :o)
The capital building was so pretty all lit up at night time...
We made it home around 11:00 that evening. No one had gotten a nap that day, and I was completely floored that we made it with out a singel melt down! What a fun, spur of the moment trip!






9 comments:
You got some great pictures!!
I am totally amazed at your pictures and the fact that you didn't have any melt downs!! That is a long day!! Thank you for posting and sharing these pictures! If the hits on your blog spot were counted, you would find a ton from these grannies!! We love to see them!!
Love you all!
Gigi
I totally had a few comments until I saw the Bry needing to go potty pic. I laughed out loud and read it to Ryan. Thanks for posting that - made my evening! LOL
We went and saw the bats, once. They are neat but I feared that they would all need to go potty. :o)
(Oh, and as much as I love dogs - dog hair makes me angry. I could never own a dog that sheds. Not sure why I felt compelled to share that!)
what a fun family night! i love visiting the bats and those capitol pics were great!
What a fun evening! Your pictures of the capital are so good.
I'm glad you guys had such a good time. You cracked me up about being "scared of downtown Austin at night." I am getting that way myself. There are some crazys down there. :)
GREAT pics! : ) How fun. Glad the spur of the moment extra trips went as well as possible - if they had been planned, I'm sure there would have been melt downs galore! Why is it that way?
Love, love, love the potty picture of Bryson - still laughing at that one. And the view from the star picture is cool, too!
See you tomorrow night GAP girl!
To fun... so glad you all had such a fun evening. Glad no one got attacked by the bats...
What a full and "neat"(for lack of a better word) day for you all...great family experiences!
How fun! I will have to tell you Ryan and I's bat story sometime...unless I've told you before. It is pretty funny. Glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment