Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Family Retreat 2008

So I am a bit late in posting these pics from Family Retreat last month, but better late than never. All the canoe pictures are on my mom's camera, so these will have to do for now... We had a blast as usual! We had a couple of minor injuries... which I guess is to be expected when you take 4 rowdy boys out in the wilderness and let them run free... but all in all it was a great weekend....

The first injury was when Bryson had a super-close encounter with the gravel path leading up to the mess hall... poor baby. He had muddy gravel up his nose, in his mouth, and embedded into his forehead.


The kids had a blast playing on these raft things. They are like portable docks. Here they are having fun with Ms Jackie, our children's minister. Clint was trying to convince the kids to push her in but they were all too nice!

For those of you who have not been to HEB camp, it is really cool that you drive in the river. It is like a creek part that you actually drive thru. The boys were excited to unbuckle their seat belts and hang out the windows and watch the water. Bry looks like a puppy dog in heaven right here!!

Coby "helping" daddy drive in the river

Bryson only did this same move about 50 times that afternoon. I think Mimi was sore the next day! (I cropped Mimi out of the picture per her request!)

The 3 Amigos... How cute are they??
Brinton, Bryson, and Darin - weeks apart in age... destined to be best buds!

Micah and Samantha

Daddy and Coby

Quentin and Cason



It was a great weekend.... but by the end, this is how we all felt:
** This is actually Bryson on the top bunk. It was the only bed that was totally enclosed so I knew he wouldnt roll of onto the concrete floors... but I was kinda fearful he would try to climb down in the middle of the night. I think he was so tired he slept great!!
And Just for FUN:
Here are Brinton and Bryson at Retreat 2007
And Retreat 2008

Lesson learned... it is easier to photograph immoblie 1-year olds that hyper active 2-year olds!!


5 comments:

Megan said...

I love all of the pictures of the cousins together! Your boys are so lucky to have family so close in age and proximity. They will have such fun growing up together.

Kari Sanchez said...

How fun! I love all the pictures, sounds like everyone had a blast. I think my niece and nephew are doing to that camp, they have always loved it.

Shelley said...

How fun! I cant believe how fast the boys are growing :)

The Loftis Family said...

It was so fun! (except for the few injuries your family endured) B & B were a lot easier to keep still for a pic a year ago!

Britney said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time. We are so anxious to go back next year with the girls. I am so impressed with the kiddos for not pushing Jackie into the water - but wouldn't that have been funny! : ) Love the year to year comparisons of B & B!