Monday, April 21, 2008

unique

Every evening before bed time, I have the boys lay out their clothes for school the next morning. They wear school uniforms, so the choice is pretty easy, but it is just nice to have it all right there in a little pile rather than having to dig thru closets and drawers when they are half-asleep at 6:30AM getting dressed.....
Below is Micah's pile. He likes to stack it neatly on the coffee table so it doesnt get sat or stepped on. His shoes are always laid left-right, his clothes neatly folded, and his belt rolled.... a boy after his mommy's own little OCD heart...
And now for Coby's pile.... :o) And just FYI, he will snuggle up and waller around on this couch all over these clothes for a good 10 minutes in the morning before he even attempts to put anything on. But I am so proud of him that he now gets every piece to the uniform here to the "pile!" He even thought up his own idea of keeping up with his glasses by putting them inside his shoe! Sweet boy!! And you cant see it, but there is a little bit of dried toothpaste on his belt from last monday when they had to wear belts for chapel...

This just made me laugh as I walked thru the living room last night, so I decided to take a picture... I love that my boys are all 4 so different in so many ways. It helps them to be more flexible and it is interesting that they have so many diverse friends I think because they are able to embrace eachother's differences... Yes, it is the cause for lots of squabbles, too!! But I wouldnt have it any other way!!

8 comments:

Britney said...

I love Coby's pile - don't we all secretly wish we could be more like that sometimes? Addie's "pile" always has to be neatly placed on the back of the sofa, ironed & laid out in the order of putting it on. It will be interesting to see if she turns out to be a "Micah" or "Coby" when it comes to laying out her own clothes. : )

victoria said...

I love the piles. its like the quote I just wrote on my blog, "we love the things we love for what they are." how true!! you are a good momma, momma best.

Brooke said...

I am laughing. Those "piles" truly show their personalities. And those personalities have shown through since they were little guys. Micah has always been the OCD one and Coby has always been the random one. I love it that they are so different in so many ways.

Bekki said...

I LOVE THIS POST! I am sooo Micah and Ryan is sooo Coby. I agree with Britney...I wish I could be okay with having a pile like Coby!!
(ps - thanks for the toothpaste detail - I laughed out loud)

Christina said...

Oh thanks for a good laugh. Coby's pile really tickled my funny bone!!

bp said...

I bet the piles save much frustration and time in the mornings. Those are great comparison pictures. Both boys did what was asked in their own special way.

Anonymous said...

We just had our LOL!! We love each grandson and cherish their differences, too. It is so fun for you to tell us about them. Love you all!
Gigi and G-Dad

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

Funny stuff. I liked this.