Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Update to my "backyard banishment" post

okay, it is midnight, but clint is working nights this week and I can never sleep when he is not here, so I am posting a quick story before I head to bed so I can toss and turn and wake up at every little noise with my metal baseball bat beside my bed! I am a freak, I know!
Anyways, I had posted a while back about my new "no fighting in my house" policy... well, I have used it several times and it has proven to be quite affective. Today, I sent Coby and Micah out there and I heard Micah say, "Watch, Coby, watch right there at the window and you will see mommy. She will be looking out here at us in just a second..." Smart little booger! Who knew that all this time I thought I was "sneaking one by them" and he knew I was watching all the while! I laughed out loud and let them back inside. They were just glad to see me laughing when I opened the door back up so soon! :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! IT WORKED, I GUESS THEY WEREN'T FIGHTING ANY MORE??
WE WILL PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILIES SAFETY AND FOR YOU TO FEEL SAFER WHEN CLINT IS WORKING. I AM THE SAME WAY. I HAVE A HUGE FLASHLIGHT THAT SERVES TWO PURPOSES. I ALSO HAVE THE PHONE ON THE OTHER PILLOW!!
LOVE YOU ALL!

Amy said...

Again...that seriously makes me lol! Haven't tried it yet, but only bc I have been working at Jason's office and the babysitter has been dealing!! Thanks for the update!

Megan said...

It is scary how smart they are istn't it!?! Just to comment on your metal baseball bat beside your bed. I COMPLETELY understand. I am a total wimp. So much so, that I didn't want to put Lleyton in his room until he slept all the way through the night because if he woke to feed I would have to walk in the dark to the other side of the house, and that is with Tim here! Maybe I will just start carrying a bat with me. :)

Unknown said...

ok, that cracks me up that they were on to you!

I know this is a little sappy, but i used to get really REALLY scared when Ricky was gone at night, too. Then I started this little thing where I say psalm 4:8 over and over until i can be calm "I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone oh Lord make me dwell in safety". I also tell KJ this verse each night when i put him to bed and then I say "you never have to be afraid because God is always watching out for you". It helps me to say it to him out loud so that i actually hear it and think about it too.

sorry, i'm sure you weren't looking for input...just a thought. you might need to find your own verse, but try finding a song or verse or something that means a lot to you.