Before I start this post, I want to solicit your prayers... little Bryson has the most awful case of croup I have ever seen. He is a very sick little baby. It amazes me how fast that illness comes on, but it hit him so hard.... we have been to the dr and he is on a steriod, so hopefully the worst is over and he will only get better... please offer up a prayer for him today... it just hurts me to hear him "bark" and watch him struggle to breathe!
Well, I am going to attempt to play catch up for the last 2 weekends before another one comes and goes... sheesh we cram so much in over the summer! I wont type much since most of you jusr scroll thru the pics anyways, but here are a few events in the best household over the last few weeks....
Cason's 4th Birthday Bash!!!
here is the birthday boy with 2 of his buddies, Caden and Ethan
Cason, Mommy, and Lightning (this was my 3rd time to make lightning this year... he gets easier every time!)
Blowing out the canldes as bryson looks and learns

this is the face he makes at his new fish... he is such a hoot! he loves his new fish!

Abilene Zoo!!!
I really think this might be my favorite zoo... especially for my kids at this age. I hate big crowded zoos... we lost Coby at the FW zoo one time and it was the most horrifying experience! I dont like zoos that are so big that my kids cant walk the entire time... maybe bc there are 4 of them and they are really heavy and it is physically impossible for us to carry them around. Anyways, Abilene Zoo is really small as far as walking goes, but it has all the animals that we want to see and it was only $14 for my entire family!!! That is the cost of one adult admission to the FW zoo I think.... anyways.... on to the pics... it was hot, but it was fun!!:
Bryson and the monkey... he kept pacing back and forth on this ledge right by the window where bry was sitting... he was squealing and laughing at him until he stopped to look at him... then he got scared... hilarious, but I missed that kodak moment!

Bry and the aquarium... he was so intrigued!

The giraffes were a crowd favorite... this is probably my favorite part of this zoo... the kids can literally reach out and tough these giraffes... they fed them thru the fence.
Cason was the only one brave enough to let the giraffe eat out of his hand. Everyone else threw the food as soon as he got close (mommy included) Check out his black tongue!
I really think this might be my favorite zoo... especially for my kids at this age. I hate big crowded zoos... we lost Coby at the FW zoo one time and it was the most horrifying experience! I dont like zoos that are so big that my kids cant walk the entire time... maybe bc there are 4 of them and they are really heavy and it is physically impossible for us to carry them around. Anyways, Abilene Zoo is really small as far as walking goes, but it has all the animals that we want to see and it was only $14 for my entire family!!! That is the cost of one adult admission to the FW zoo I think.... anyways.... on to the pics... it was hot, but it was fun!!:
Bryson and the monkey... he kept pacing back and forth on this ledge right by the window where bry was sitting... he was squealing and laughing at him until he stopped to look at him... then he got scared... hilarious, but I missed that kodak moment!

Bry and the aquarium... he was so intrigued!

The giraffes were a crowd favorite... this is probably my favorite part of this zoo... the kids can literally reach out and tough these giraffes... they fed them thru the fence.
Cason was the only one brave enough to let the giraffe eat out of his hand. Everyone else threw the food as soon as he got close (mommy included) Check out his black tongue!







5 comments:
Those sleeping pictures are hilarious! Did you ever find out what they had been up to that made them so exhausted, including Daddy! : ) Too cute!
See you Sunday,
Britney
1) your cake decorating skills are incredible. way to go super mom!
2)love the fish face.
3) i couldn't agree more, the abilene zoo is really good.
4) sleeping pics always crack me up!
I MAY HAVE TO CALL AND SEE HOW BRYSON IS TODAY.. I CHECKED THE EMAIL LAST NIGHT AND THE POST WASN'T THERE YET. THAT CROUP CAN BE SO SCARY. WE ARE GLAD YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD HIM TO THE DR.!
LOVE YOU ALL,
GIGI AND GDAD
We love the Abilene Zoo too. Family pass -- $35, and we can all go as much as we want for a year. In the spring and early summer, we went at least once a week! Good times. Cute kiddos!
so sorry about bryson--kg got croup when she was little and I remember those steam showers and the constant running of the humidifier--ughh I am so sorry and wish him well soon!!
Post a Comment