When your "baby" is having surgery!!! My sweet Micah (who is actually 6 years old, so not a baby by any means, but he will always be my 'baby') is having a tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy (sp?) tomorrow morning at 11:00. They say it is a routine surgery, and I know they say that so moms like me will not worry, but there is just nothing routine about putting him under, inserting a breathing tube, and using a knife to cut these things outof his throat! Yes, I know kids have it done every day... and they are all fine... but PLEASE pray for Micah... and for me.... and for the pit in my tummy because I just cannot stop worring about it.... and for me to keep it together so he wont be scared! I will keep you all posted... but for now, I am going to go pack our bags and then clean my house from top to bottom as therapy for my anxiety! :o) And so I will be able to come home from the hospital to a clean house.... a clean house always makes me happy!
ps-- a special thanks to my sister-in-law and my momma for helping us out with our other munchkins!
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Bless your heart! I can't imagine surgery on one of my little one's. Although Koop and Kate have both been told one is in their future. I will know ever so well however, that feeling in the pit of your tummy. That I have felt many times. Kenna, with whooping cough at 2 months(PICU-10 days), Koop's broken arm, many more. It is an aweful feeling of sickness! I'll pray for your tummy and for Micah. He must be scared also. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I feel the same way--blogging is awesome! Glad we're back in touch!
Oh I am so sorry and Micah will be in our prayers. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
We will keep little Micah in your prayers. I know it is a sickening feeling for mommy's but oh what a blessing to have children from God so that we can have that love that can often not be described expect by a pit in our tummy's sometimes! Take care of yourself and of Micah... Abbey has been put under a couple of times and Lainey has laid lifeless from passing out (seisures? they think maybe) numerous times and I felt the same way, but God gives you strength to be the strong one.
I am praying for Micah and for you, Summer.
We will keep you guys in out prayers. Anything envolving hospitals is scary. I bet this is harder of you than it is him.
hope the surgery went well. thinking of you all!
Post a Comment