Tuesday, March 06, 2007

JoggyFun


Actually it is called Jog-A-Fun, but all day long Coby begged me to take him back to Micah's joggyfun! It was cute! BCS does a huge fund raiser where the kids run for 30 minutes and get sponsors for their laps... I did it when I went to school here (back in the good ol' days), but it is a huge ordeal now! Micah ran 22 laps in 30 minutes! That is the equivalent to almost 3 miles! Not bad for my little 6-year old, huh?! I was so proud of him! He jogged the entire time, and I must admit that he did more that I would have done had it been me out there for the entire 30 minutes! :o) Kindergarten was the first group to run at 8:10, so they had to be there at 7:45... which meant leaving the house around 7:00 to fight traffic into town, which meant getting the entire family up with the chickens to go watch him run and then hang out until school started at 10:00. Clint and I traded off taking turns running laps with Micah and encouraging him to go, go, go! Coby and Cason even took a turn there at the end when most of the kiddos were slowing down! It was a super long day, but they all had a fun time. Cason was asleep before we had left the parking lot this afternoon! I had a few cute pics, but my camera wont download them for some reason? Maybe I will post them tomorrow!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Good thing I just sent in a flat fee and didn't sponsor that kid for laps run. I wouldn't have guessed that he would have run 22 laps! Way to go Micah!

Brooke said...

And come to think of it, I think I only ran 22 laps as a Senior. Ha ha.

Shelley said...

Way to go MICAH! That is wonderful. I was feeling pretty good about myself for running three miles this morning in 38 minutes... but now I realize I need lots of work! Great Job... sounds like a great day!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the love and support. If you ever want to chat I have g-mail or hotmail or aim.. this is what I do while I pretend to work during my office hours! :)