Friday, February 02, 2007

Poor Cason

Yes, my sweet Cason is STILL sick. We are going on day 7 with high fever... I am not talking about a little fever virus where they run this random low grade fever and play a little less.... he is running fever between 102 and 104 degrees... and he is just so sick, laid up on the couch or in bed all day. He has not really eaten hardly anything in a week. Every now and then he eats a cracker. I have been letting him have fruit snacks (which are like candy to my kids) just to get something in his body. Maybe it is in my head, but I feel like I am beginning to see his weight loss in his face... I am really worried about him. We went back to the doc today, and they said maybe it is mono... maybe it is a viral infection and a sinus infection on top of eachother, maybe it is something more serious.... maybe??? So they have decided to put off the blood work until next week to wait to see how he feels.... if it is still going on, they will run some tests to see if there is something more serious wrong with him.... They have started him on an antibiotic just to see if there is something bacterial that could be fought off with that.... I just hate the unknowns! I would almost just prefer our usual positive strep test, a good dose or 2 of Amoxicilan (sp?) and we are usually good to go.... Not to mention that the rest of us are stir crazy! We have not been anywhere together as a family in almost 2 weeks... it feels really weird! Clint and I pass eachother at the door for one to take over on Cason duty and the other to go to work or run errands or go to church with the well kids...... this is just the pitts!!
Please join me in prayer for my sweet little guy!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Praying! Hope he starts to get better!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying without ceasing for Cason. I just hate hearing he is sick, but for it to last this long is just awful! Keep us updated!

Tell Cason we love him, feel bad that he is sick and hope he feels better soon. Tell him we are praying for him to feel better.

Love, Gigi and G-Dad

victoria said...

Hope he feels better soon--there is nothing like a sick child, you just feel helpless. prayers your way.