Monday, February 12, 2007

just a quick story

I know, 2 posts in one day.... but I had to share this one!
Coby and Cason have their Valentine Parties tomorrow, so we were wrapping teacher gifts together. Cason had 2 gifts... one for each of his teachers, and Coby only had one. (one teacher is me). Coby and I were talking back and forth and it went something like this:
C: "Why does Cason have two presents and I only have one?"
Me: "Because he has one for Ms Mary and one for Ms Terry. And your is for Ms Debbie."
C: "Oh, I get it... I don't need one from you because I already got one for you when I went with Daddy to that place that has the stairs that go up and down and we got you that necklace with that shiny thing on it."

Whoops!

Note to self: do not share a secret with Coby if you would like for it to remain a secret!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Ha ha. Good for you. A necklace with a shiny thing on it will make for a good day! :-)

Angela Robinson said...

Salutations! "Mommy Robinson", here. Thanks for your super-sweet comment on Erin's blog. (Re: Norah's monkey party)

You look familiar...were you in the AFC? Karen and I used to share an office at the church, and you remind me of an AFCer who visited from time to time.

Love your blog...especially the cute pics of you making faces with your boys. 4 boys, and still smiling and having fun. I can tell you are an amazing woman!

Feel free to visit Robinson County anytime--now that we've outted ourselves as occasional secret blog stalkers, there's no reason we can be friends, right? :)

victoria said...

that is too funny--shiny things are always good!

hejlyeah said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Our email at school won't let us comment there, but I laughed everytime I thought of this story today! I'm needing a grandson fix!!
Love you all,
Gigi and G-Dad

Shelley said...

That is great! Cant wait to hear about your "secret" Valentine present!

April said...

What a sweet post. Jeff and I have both learned our lessons with Ty about spoiling surprises. The fastest way for him to tell your secret is tell him not to tell anyone.

I hope that is what you actually got for V-day...or what a disappointment:)

Elisa said...

I'm having withdrawal from funny Best stories! Hope you're doing well.

Amy said...

Summer--are you out there? I think I liked it better when you were snowed in!! I miss hearing funny stories about those boys!! Hope to hear from you soon...

Shelley said...

Summer... Where are you? I hope the boys dont have you tied up and you cant get loose!!!