On Saturday, we were talking about plans for the next day, and Coby looked up at us with the most serious look and asked, "Mommy, why does it always become tomorrow?" Then last night we had gone to mom and dad's house after church for dinner and haircuts, and it began to thunderstorm. As we were walking out to the car, there was a HUGE lightning, and Cason said, "Wow! Did you see that? It was just day for a little bit!" I just think the way they word things is so sweet!
This weekend, Micah had a birthday party to go to on Saturday and on Sunday. When he said his prayers last night, he told God thank you for making the birthday parties and the cake and ice cream. And of coarse, he thanked him for baseball!
We began baseball practice for the boys on thursday and friday. Micah is playing coach-pitch and Coby is doing tball. It is so fun to watch. Micah is one of the youngest on his team, and Ithink it is a little intimidating for him that these guys really know what they are doing, but he will be in this division for 2 years, so one day, he will be the big guy... and I think the challenge will be good for him. This is Coby's first season to play, and it has been so anticipated as we have drug them all the the little league fields to watch Micah play. Cason is patiently waiting his turn to play someday. He has been really into being a "big brother," especially since this is his first time to be older than someone in the family. I will ask him to do something for me, or share a toy with Bryson, and he will say, "sure, mommy, I will share because I am the big brother... and that's what big brothers do!" Bryson is really getting around and getting into everything... his favorite place to play is in the trash can... he loves the wadded paper and dirty kleenexes... theres nothing like eating your brothers old nasal secretions to build a good immune system! He just cut his first tooth this weekend, so I am sure that its partner is on the way... which might expain the fussiness this morning!
Anyways, we are resuming life as usual around here... as much as possible... thank you to everyone for your prayers... keep em coming! And for your sweet notes and emails... I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful friends... and to have so many friends and prayers going up for us from all over the country!! (I miss my ACU gals so much!) I can see God's hand at work in all of this, and I am so thankful for how he is blessing us thru our trials. I am thankful for his grace, his forgiveness, and for his example to us as one who has had forgiven himself. Clint was so touched as well by so many who have sent him letters and thoughts, offering up prayers on our behalf... we feel incredible blessed to be on the mend!

4 comments:
I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you guys. I hope that you have found some peace and healing over the last few days. I know that we don't stay in touch like we should, but I hope you always know that I'm here for you, expecially to offer up prayer whenever you need. I love you! Wish I could see sit and chat with you today.
I can't wait to come see them play baseball! Thanks for sending me the schedules!
It was great seeing you guys on Friday. It always makes my day to get hugs from my boys.
And yes, I think your boys are as therapeutic as Samson. They may be a little bit more needy, but I'm sure they are great at keeping you occupied! :-)
Summer you guys are sure in my prayers. I had missed your blogs. It is funny when a regular blogger goes missing you begin to worry about them and wonder what is going on in their world. I love blogs, but in someways they make me crazy. I think it is a way for us to make our lives look like they are all happy and perfect with no tears or pain. No one lives that kind of life, but in blogger land it too often looks that way. I pray blessings upon you as you opened up reaching out to people you did not know cared. I have been so impressed by you as a mommy of all your many boys and now I am impressed with you as a wife. It is so wise to reach out for prayer and comfort. I have many friends who have faced hard marriage rocking times and in all honesty I am jealous of the marriages they now have. I love how God takes those hard times and uses them to bring couples closer together. That is my prayer for the two of you. I pray this will bring you closer together and Satan will be defeated.
Good and true thoughts, Monica. See, our pledge mom is still taking care of us!
Summer, I love hearing the stories about the funny and sweet things your boys say. Keep those comnig. And I wish I were going to homecoming, but I'm not. I think that Chris, Mel, and Allison will be there though. You should go and take lots of pictures for me, and I'll try not to be too jealous. I will be home for a week around Thanksgiving, though, and if I can get access to a car, I'd love to meet up with you somewhere near Austin. We should eamil as that time approaches so that we can make some real plans. Love ya.
Post a Comment