Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I'm Telling!!!!"

I am so sick of the arguing that goes on every. single. day. at our house... especially since we have had about a week straight of cold, rainy weather... they are so cooped up and hyper!! So I tried something new, and it was great.

Clint was off at basketball practice, and he had Cason. Micah and Coby were fighting over who got to be Michaelangelo and who got the bigger sword. I was putting away laundry in my closet when I heard Coby cry out, "hey!!!! I had that first!!! I'm telling!!!" My first instinct was to march in there, seperate them, and gripe them out.... but I waited. Micah was running after him, begging him not to tattle. I clicked my closet light off and quietly pushed the door to. Coby came around the corner, "MOM??!!!" No Answer. "MOM???!!!" Still no answer. The looked in the living room, "MOM???!!!!" No answer. Laundry room... no answer. They begin looking together. I was listening to them to be sure they didnt panic and go outside. They came back into my room and I jumped out of my closet and scared them. The both hollered, we all laughed and they forgot all about their arguement. It was way more fun than playing the part of referree!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely love to see an update on your blog! Your life is so much like mine. I sure do wish you lived closer so we could be hang out friends. Although, we would never be able to get together with all the kids! That would just be asking for chaos!LOL!

Thanks for the laugh!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. I'm going to have to make a mental note of that one. Maybe I should start stock-piling my favorite treats, a TV, some movies, etc in my closet in case I need to stay in there for a really long time. I guess I have a little while before that day comes, though. Still, a good idea to remember!

Anonymous said...

As usual, it is so fun to hear stories about your family. You are all precious to us. What a funny story too! Mother says siblings enjoy fussing or they wouldn't do it so much. Maybe it get us ready for adulthood or something constructive. I know you guys get weary of it.
Thanks for sharing! Love you all!
Gigi and G-Dad

Kendra said...

Summer - I noticed your comment on my sister's blog (Monica), and wondered, "who is that?", so came over to see! I loved this story - made me giggle. I'll have to try that one with my 3 little boys!! Blessings -

Nicci said...

Hi Summer! I've seen your blog for a few months now but just had to comment on this story! I love this what a great way to get away from fighting I am going to have to try this!

By the way you look great and have a beautiful family! Hope you don't mind my comment!