Friday, December 01, 2006

6 years and counting

6 years old..... my precious baby is 6 years old.... that happened too fast. From almost 9 pounds to 53 pounds... my, how you have grown!
Sweet Micah Samuel- You are 6 years old today! You are so big! It seems like only yesterday we were spending the long night in the hospital with my sky-high blood pressure, praying that the doctors would tell us we could just go ahead and have this baby a few weeks early. I remember the moment that you were born. After several long hours of labor, I heard your cry for the very first time. They placed you on my chest and we snuggled. Your eyes met mine, and it was like we had met before. You were so sweet, and "fuzzy" as Mimi called it. You were a perfect baby. I thanked God for you that day, as I do today... you are still my precious first born, and you will always have that special place in my heart. Here are just a few of the things that I love about you: I love your smile... the way that you laugh at your brothers when they are being silly.... and the way you try to muster up the courage to be silly along with them. The way that your face brightens when you see a baby, especially little Bryson. He loves his big brother. You are such a fabulous big brother, and such a wonderful helper to me. I have realized that even more with you gone to kindergarten this year. I have missed ahving you here as my "big helper." I love your strong will... it gets you in trouble sometimes, but it is something to be cherished and taken care of. You know what you want and you do what you need to do to get it done! I love your compliance.... your aiming to please... the way that you like to make others happy and proud. You do make me so proud! I love your hugs and your 'schnuggles' and good nite kisses. Hope you never run out of those I love that you always want to hold my hand... and I hope you never get too old for that! I love your love for learning... you are so eager to read everything that you see and you are just constantly asking questions to learn how things work or why things are the way they are. You are so bright and so curious! Mostly, I just love that you are you. I love how sweet and precious you are. I thank God for giving you to me. I promised him that day that I would take good care of you and teach you to be one of his followers. It will continue to be my prayer for you.... my first-born son.
Happy Birthday, Micah!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

It really doesn't seem possible for it to have been six years since he was born. Wow!

Brooke said...

Man, between you and Victoria and these letters to your kids, I am going to run out of tears. I can't believe that little Micah is six already. It doesn't seem that long ago that you guys were living in that duplex off of 183 and there was a chubby little baby crawling around. Happy Birthday Micah!!!!

victoria said...

happy bday micah!!

Anonymous said...

Summer, I hope you are saving a paper copy of this letter for Micah to have. It is so sweet. Every mom and grandmom has memories, but I think it is so special to write it out. Thank you for letting us read!
Micah is a special grandson!
Gigi