Saturday, October 06, 2007

Barfapalooza & a Fun Farm

I know I stole that title from someone, but I cant think who... But I do know that BARFAPALOOZA is the best term for October 2007 in the Best household. 5 out of 6 of our household members have been down and out with a nasty stomach bug... that is everyone except daddy... I swear that he is made of steal or something. He never gets sick!! And I am thankful because he has been such a trooper helping take care of us all. Today was our first barf-free day since last saturday... whoo hoo! Hopefully we are on the mend! And in the mean time, I have spent my spare time disinfecting every single towel, sheet, pillow case, blankie, stuffed animal, rug, doorknob, toilet, and child in our house... in hopes that we will be spared from "round 2" of the awful bug! I think I have used an entire economy sized tub of Clorox wipes!


On a much lighter note, we had the Fun Farm come to our preschool last week. Cason was sick that day, so he missed out, but sweet Bryson loved the animals. He would squat down and talk in his high-pitched voice that he uses when he talks to a baby, he was so sweet and gentle and he would give those bunnies hugs and kisses. He was pretty disturbed by the horse and the cow. They both looked him right in the eye and the horse kinda sneezed on him (nice, I know!) and weirded him out.... but here are some sweet pics of him with the bunnies:





Here was his first "conversation" with the bunnies. He took a minute to talk to them before he got close enough to touch them....





"Yes, Bryson, that is the bunny's eye...."
Feeding the goats...


My co-teacher and I decided to "dress the part" and we both wore pigtails and overalls for farm day. Everyone was calling me "EllieMae" and they dared me to kiss this pig. I didnt go that far, but I did hold it as it was squirming and squeeling (an awful high squeel) and had a picture taken with the poor thing...

7 comments:

victoria said...

sounds awful--glad you guys are on the end--there is nothing worse than the stomach bug! And hello farmer summer--you look adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are on the mend! I'm sorry you all had the bug.....that's awful! I'm glad Clint could help out and not be sick too!

Loved the pictures of Bryson and the animals! What did the kids think of the overalls?? You did look cute... who would have guessed you had all been sick by looking at you in your farmer clothes!!

Love you all!

Gigi and G-Dad

Amy said...

Glad you are all on the mend. Can I just say...."I WANT YOUR HAIR"!! I think it every time I see a picture of you. So this time I had to say it! SO pretty!

Elisa said...

You make a super cute Ellie Mae! Fun farm looks like fun. Hope you guys keep feeling better since being sick is quite the opposite of fun. Hang in there!

Elisa said...

Ha ha. "Fun farm looks like fun." I'm always good for a brilliant observation. :)

Shelley said...

Glad the sickness bug has finally left your house:) I agree with Amy, I am too jealous of your hair and how cute is Mr. Bryson with the red, curly locks ?!?! Take care...

Megan said...

Sorry to hear you guys have been sick. It has been much the same way over at our house. Both kids have been throwing up, and Tim is sick as well. I am the only one still standing. :) At least we are on the up swing I think.

You look super cute in your overalls!