Tuesday, September 18, 2007

LIFE....

… can be pretty much summed up in Coby’s sweet prayer tonite… here are a few snippits… I had to rush in here to type them before I forgot
"…. Thank you for my mommy that she cooks for me at Sonic [don’t judge me… I do cook (some), but tonite was half-price burger night and we had basketball practice at 5:30 and soccer at 6:30, so there was positively NO hesitation in the last minute sonic run]
…. And thank you for my daddy that he works when I go nite-nite [clint is on the night shift (again) this month, and I am about to check myself into the loony bin… he is working 12-13 hour nights and sleeping most of the day, poor guy! The boys still see him pretty often, but this momma is going nuts!!]…
…And help Micah not to have strep throat and miss his school [because he had it last week… after his tonsillectomy and all that craziness! Who knew you could get strep after a tonsillectomy!] … and help Cason not to fight with me when I get home from kindergarten… and help Bryson not to be ugly and throw his food…
… And help me to obey your laws and to get 'bath-timesd' so I can die and go to live in your house in heaven.... Amen."
[then he opened his eyes and asked me, "Mommy, does God have one of those big houses that has the stairs?"] :o)

And I will close with a precious picture of my boys… this is the new part of our bedtime routine… Micah is reading like a champ and he loves to get to do his "reading homework" by reading aloud to his brothers! Plus, this helps me since I am doing the whole routine by myself. While Micah is reading stories to his brothers, I am rushing around like a mad woman getting everything laid out for the next day so we can all be dressed, fed, packed up, and loaded up by 7:15 am!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR AWESOME PICTURE!! wHAT A GREAT WAY FOR MICAH TO HELP, READ HIS HOMEWORK, AND GIVE YOU A FEW MINUTES TO GET READY FOR THE NEXT DAY.... I TOTALLY THINK SONIC HALF-PRICE BURGER NIGHT WAS MADE FOR MOMS!! I WISH CLINT COULD BE FINISHED WITH NIGHTS FOR ALL OF YOU!
LOVE YOU ALL!
GIGI AND G-dAD

Amy said...

So cute! I read a blog the other day that was hilarious. It reminded me of our home. She said that she put the dinner plate(with food she had actually cooked)in front of her daughter the other night and she said, "hey, that's not what I ordered!"LOL! Girl, when you got four kids it's just a wonder they get feed!! Especially this time of year! Cuddo's for Sonic!! Great ritual with Micah reading to his brothers. Maybe I will start that with Kate! Thanks! Now, put those boys to bed and go take a nice, long bath in that new bathtub!!

Britney said...

That is so sweet! I love Coby's glasses; he looks so cute in them and they totally give him a new little personality!

Brooke said...

That is some serious reading. It looks like that books has lots of words on the page. Way to go Micah! And how cute is that prayer! I love the "Best Boy" stories!

Andrea W. said...

What a sweet bunch of boys! I am sure the younger ones will work extra hard to learn to read just like their biggest brother. So cute!! I am sure that no one else could do all you do as well as you do it Summer.!